Hiring Web Developer / Programmer
VisCom Design is looking to hire a full-time or part-time web programmer / developer.
You will be the lead programmer helping grow the web capabilities of VisCom Design. You will work with creative director and project manager, Robert Andruchow and communication specialist Tina Faiz on all aspects of website and webapp development. This includes:
- determining client requirements
- planning site architecture, prototypes, database design
- coding of website and webapps
- testing and providing support for clients
- Work with web design pros at the top of their field: Creative Director, Robert Andruchow teaches web design at University of Alberta; Tina Faiz is an award-winning web communications specialist.
- Work on meaningful and high-profile projects;
- Work on a range of projects, from custom programming web applications to CMS-driven content and campaign websites.
- Flexible work arrangements which allows you to work from home.
Who are we looking for?
- We are seeking a well-rounded computer programmer / developer with attention to detail and the ability to think through complex problems.
- You must be self-motivated, results-oriented and possess strong technical, analytical, and communication skills.
- You can work independently, managing concurrent projects, while still functioning as part of a team.
- You will use your superior communication and proven analytical skills to effectively prioritize and execute deadline-driven tasks.
Required Skills and Education
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computing Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline; equivalent education/experience combination will be considered;
- Experience programming with PHP (development and architecture) and with other open source platforms
- Excellent understanding of a full project life cycle
- Drupal, Joomla or Wordpress experience a must (CMS Framework, Themes, Modules, Core, etc.)
- Experience in MYSQL database design and administration
- APACHE and network administration experience
- XHTML inside and out, and expert CSS knowledge
- Web Application / Services integration (XML, XSL, SOAP)
- Experience and strong understanding of W3C Standards, cross-browser compatibility issues and testing
- Refined communication skills and the ability to work on deadline-driven projects
- Must be able to independently design architecture solutions to meet requirements
- Ability to produce efficient, clearly written and documented code
- E-commerce and Shopping Cart development is an asset
- Experience integrating social media and Web 2.0 applications also an asset
Full-time or Part-time
Edmonton and Area only
If you are not in this region, please do not contact us
If you enjoy the thrill of writing squeaky clean code, strive for lightning fast load times and yearn for building websites that matter, we’d love to meet you!
Contact Robert at 780-934-3279 or submit a resume and cover letter to robert [at] viscom [dot] ca
Deadline to call or submit resume:
6pm, May 4, 2012